Saturday, October 31, 2009

November 2009 Update

I can't believe it's already November. It's a wonder we're not all suffering whiplash from how fast time is flyin'. Let's get to the numbers, shall we?

The Debt: $7,913.00
The Savings: $3,966.52

The good news is that my debt balance is below $8,000. That is awesome! (I hope you don't think ill of me for tooting my own horn for a moment.) And this amount even includes today's purchases. But I'll get to that in a few.

The bad news is that this is the fourth consecutive month that my savings has gone down. That is definitely the wrong direction. I am appalled by this. And the thing is, it could get worse before it gets better. For example, when I had my car repair a couple months ago, it was to replace a strut. That repair is usually done in pairs, but I only had one done at the time. I have to get the other one replaced soon.

I don't want to sound like it's all doom and gloom. For example, I'll get my freelance check next week. It is because of this infusion that I went shopping today. I've been pretty depressed about my wardrobe situation lately, so I went shopping today to find some work clothes. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked, but I did buy a cute casual pullover and a couple basics, including some leather gloves. Also, I recently ordered two pairs of thermal underwear. I charged both purchases, but I've already set up the payment to cover them.

So that's where we are right now. I'm sure I'll check in again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't so much about the numbers . . .

BALANCE . . .

Doesn't matter if the savings have gone down a bit . . .

You're at the point where you can spend a little cash and still feel good . . .

Snake