Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Track for 2009

Well, it's been done: I've just scheduled the payment for the Big Beast that will drop the balance below $13,000. Granted, the finance charges next month will bump it back over that threshold, but at least come January 1, I will have less than $13,000 in debt.

Rock on!

Another good thing is that last night, one of the local news stations ran a test so that viewers could see whether they need a new TV before the digital conversion in February. I know I need a new small TV for the bedroom -- that TV is very old and requires old-fashioned rabbit ears to get any kind of passable reception. But though I have cable on the TV in the living room, I still worried that it would be affected. While I have plans for one new TV, I did not have plans (or money!) to buy two. So it was a relief when my reception on the main TV was unaffected.

The savings picture isn't much to write home about, though. I had grand plans for the month, but so far I've only managed to achieve repaying the savings for the camera purchase. But I do dig the digi. In fact, here's a pic of a Christmas cactus bloom:


1 comment:

Bouncing Back said...

You can get a $40 coupon for a convertor box from the government You'll end up paying next to nothing for the convertor box.

The web addy to sign up is www.dtv2009.com