Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sometimes You Have to Say No. Period.

Being financially responsible sometimes requires hard decisions.

One of my dearest friends is getting married in July. The wedding is cross country in a fairly swanky area. I love him very much, and I'm so very happy for him.

But the fact is that I can't afford to go. I can't afford the airfare to Malibu, and I definitely can't afford the hotel reservations.

I dreaded giving him the news. In fact, I avoided it for weeks. But it went well. He completely understood, much to my relief.

I love him, but I have to take care of myself first.

One day I'll be able to take such trips without worrying about my bottom line. Until then, though, sometimes I have to say no.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that is what being financially responsible means- making those hard decisions.
:)

Anonymous said...

motivation to pay those debts faster!!
you have good discipline