Friday, December 21, 2007

Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength

Confession time. I've wanted a specific pair of black cowboy boots for a long time now. Why cowboy boots, you ask? Because I bought a red pair when I visited a friend in Fort Worth several years ago and I L-O-V-E those boots. They're comfortable and fabulous looking. I wanted a pair of black ones to give the red ones a break. But I wanted certain things. For example, I wanted the stitching to be classic. I wanted the shaft to be a certain height.

I finally found The Boot at Garnet Hill. Lucchese. Yes, Lucchese. The not-inexpensive brand. But boy oh boy are they beautiful. For two and a half years I've stalked them, always successfully talking myself out of them. I mean, $300 for cowboy boots? I'm not a cowgirl. So I said no. No boots for you.

And then something happened. Garnet Hill ran out of them. It only made me want them more.

So I hunted them down from a different source and yes, I ordered them. And yes, I charged them.

No, I'm not proud. But I've wanted them for so long and I've been so good lately. And I've not been doing well this holiday season and knowing I have a beautiful pair of Luccheses on their way to me made me happy, happy, happy!

But not all is lost: I've been good (that is, responsible) too. I repaid the amount charged in November with money from my savings. And I still plan to start my debt payment plan come January 1, 2008. That absolutely has not changed. Thankfully, I've amassed quite a bit of overtime the last couple weeks. It'll make for a nice cushion as I embark on the plan.

Happy Festivus.

No comments: