Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Successful Weekend

Just thought I'd check in so that I could report that I survived the wedding weekend without spending any extra money. Woohoo! The celebration included a welcome reception with a full buffet, a wedding reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres and a seated dinner, and a brunch with a full breakfast.

I paid for the hotel with my debit card so no debt there.

And though I did charge forty bucks for a pair of shoes for a friend, he's already paid me back and he followed my instruction to make the check to my credit card company so that I would have no excuse to cash it and spend it myself.

I love it when I behave. :-)

I felt so good after I returned that I've decided to try another month-long challenge. No clothes and no shoes -- really, no purchases of any unneeded items -- for a month. I've recruited a friend to join me so I have extra support.

No comments: